Looking for candidates can be stressful. Depending on the position, it can take weeks if not months to find the right person. If you don’t have your position posted in the right places, it could take even longer. A recent study has shown that 94% of recruiters are using social media as an effective method to recruit and hire talent. And that posting on social media can result in a 30% to 50% increase in applications. With a combined reach of over 7 billion people on social media, crafting the right message can make a difference in your recruitment efforts for candidates.
Here are a few things you can do to make sure your online presence stands out.
- Review Your Website – When people are looking at a job posting on social media, one of the first things they will look up is your company. Make sure your website is up to date and reflects the culture you want them to see.
- Create a Recruitment Page – If you really want to stand out, make sure your website has a recruitment page that shows your opening as well as gives future potential employees a look at what it might be like to work for you.
- Encourage Employees to Follow, Like and Share Postings – This shows applicants the employees are taking the time to promote your company, which reflects positively on you.
- Review Your Social Media Pages – Your pages need to reflect your company culture. Make sure they have pictures and videos showing the day-to-day activities. This will give an applicant a sense of what it would be like to work there. Also, make sure it states you are actively hiring on your page.
- Create a Marketing Plan – Each website has different needs when it comes to social marketing. Video ads get the most engagement, so make sure you have a mix of ads that will reach the demographic of that page and reflect what you are doing in the community.
When you work on the items above, you should see an increase in engagement with your job postings. To further assist, we have some courses available that can help you. Watch “Establishing a Recruiting Strategy” and “Recruiting Toolkit: 04. Using Social Media to Recruit.” Happy Recruiting!
Not a P1 Learning subscriber? Register today for a free 7-day training demo.